If the local beach has lost its splendor to you, that’s not surprising. While the common go to place for summer has always been the beach, a change of scenery is in order. There’s so much outside of your town, even your country, that’s waiting to be explored.
And when’s a good time to get there? Summer of course!
To get the ball rolling, here are some of the best places to get your summer going:
- Machu Picchu, Peru: While not the iconic beach trip as you’d imagined, Machu Picchu boasts in the ancient history it can provide. It’s one of the best places to go for summer due to the clear skies that showcase the architectural value of the ancient civilization. Immerse yourself in the culture of the ancient Inca while also enjoying the wonderful array of food this place has to offer.
- Konstanz, Germany: Nothing like a trip around the country with a bicycle. What’s great is the location showcases clean air and a scenic view of the shoreline. As you pedal along the 170-mile, you won’t even notice you’ve gone through three countries already; namely Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Jeju Island, South Korea: While having a volcano on an island can be daunting, you’ll be happy to know that this little island is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The island itself boasts a wonderful display of evolving rocky shores, caves for spelunking and waters you simply want to dive into. For this little trip, it’d be best to wear simple weighted belts and wet suits plus masks since this site offers free-diving.
- Folegrandos, Greece: While not as iconic as the Satorini, this shoreline offers the pristine blue waters that you’re sure to enjoy for a summer getaway. With their delicious selection of tavern food, you’re not gonna hold back on enjoying your stay for this trip.
- Amsterdam: While a little odd of a trip, Amsterdam boasts a hefty number of festivals celebrated during summer. You’ll want to enjoy the scenery of this European that is best witnessed during the warmer days.
- Bora Bora: Another beach trip on the list but surely not a bad choice. With the paradise-like approach and your own stilted bungalows as accommodations, you’re simply a jump away from the sea. With its crystal clear waters, you’ll want to bring your snorkeling gear with you!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your summer clothes and your sunscreen; time to hit the road! If not, now is a good time to grab the earliest tickets for a trip to these places. There’s nothing like the much needed rest, relaxation and your fair share of vitamin D for this season.
Ever felt the urge to feel the sands of the beach and relax under the sun? No one can blame you for having such an urge because most people have it also. Visiting a beach is one of the most relaxing experience you can have in your life and once you’ve been to one, there will be a time where your body needs to experience it again. It’s a good way to relax your body as well as enjoying with families, friends, or even by yourself. People have these urges to go to the beach for a lot of reasons. Here are some of the reasons people plan their beach trips during vacation.
- It gives a wonderful scene when in the beach especially at sunset.
- It’s a very good source of vitamin D which helps your skin and improve mental health.
- The sunshine helps you get a tan skin tone perfect for the summer season.
The sands of the beach
- Everyone enjoys walking on sand. If you’ve never walked on it before, try it and have a wonderful experience out of it.
- The sands at the beach can act as an exfoliator. Having contact with these sands can help peel off dead skin cells from your body.
- You can make sand castles out of it!
- Swimming in the ocean is fun for everyone. You can surf, ride a floating vehicle, or just simply swim in these waters.
- Sea water is full of anti-aging minerals that would help with the skin.
- It also helps people with rheumatoid arthritis as the ocean’s minerals reduce the symptoms of such condition.
There are many more things that lets you have the urge to run to the beach. You may just want to relax your mind and body to relieve stress or you may just want to have an intense workout for your body as the beach allows your muscles to move without even trying. What are you waiting for? Apply your sunscreen now and go to the nearest beach!
It is really nice to have a beach vacation packing checklist so as not to forget anything. Before you head over to your target destination, make sure to check everything on your “things-to-bring” list. Let us help you organizing your list.
Your traveling bag should hold everything. But you must have another beach bag to carry your things when getting out of your hotel room and heading to the beach. To save space, you can bring foldable or expandable beach bags.
While you have so many pieces of garment in your luggage, the two most important things are: swimsuit and cover ups. Choose a swimsuit that will highlight your figure. Whether it is a two-piece or one-piece, it is up to you. After all, if you are there for the sun, you might prefer going butt-naked.
Aside from the beach wear, don’t forget to bring extra clothing for night activities or day tour. Evening dress may sometimes be necessary depending on your itinerary or plan of activities.
Here is the tricky part because the number of accessories to bring depends on your style or personality. The things that you should not skip though are flip flops (or could be any kind of slippers you prefer), sun glasses and sun hat. Sun hat is needed to protect you from extreme heat of the sun. Your hair needs to be protected as well.
Of all your beauty items, this is the most important. Sun tanning is not safe without sun protection. Avoid staying under the sun for too long. Another way to get a perfect tan is by using self tanners. So what you could do is bring a travel-size self tanner with you and do a night application so will have a bronzed skin the next day.
Yes, your makeup kit and skincare products are counted. Don’t forget to bring body lotion, deodorant, facial wash and cleanser, tissues or wipes, shampoo and conditioner, soap, hairbrush, toothpaste and toothbrush, beach towel, and first-aid kit.
For sure you will be bringing your smartphone and other gadgets with you! Don’t forget to bring charger and extra batteries. If you will bring your camera, you may need to bring a monopod or tripod depending on your plans. But if you want to travel light, you can skip your heavy electronics.
That’s all for now and have a safe beach trip!