Sunbathing is a common trend during the summer. It’s not surprising since there’s a lot of sun to make use of during this hot season. But why should you consider sunbathing? Tanning is a common choice to making you look good. Getting a tan gives you even skin tone, hides your flaws and even provides you a makeover. While it doesn’t drastically change how you look, changing your skin tone can really make an impact.
If you’re hoping to ante up your looks or make a change for the summer season, sunbathing is a good choice. You need only the sun, some sunscreen and a good set of garments that don’t obscure your skin when basking under the sun. But why should really do it? Sunbathing is a common trend, which can be done as a social activity. If you’re new to the tanning fiasco, sunbathing is a good way to slowly introduce you to the pros of tanning.
Having a tan is a sign that you enjoyed your summer so getting a tan through sunbathing is a prime method to getting that result. In order to enjoy a good sunbathing experience, you’ll want to consider these tips:
– Make use of a good sunscreen. Use a wide spectrum sunscreen that blocks off both UVA and UVB rays. While SPF is something to be considered, you don’t need to buy the one with the highest SPF to get thr work done.
– Have a specific time when you want to tan. This lessens the chances of getting an uneven tan due to having various sun positions to work with. Try to limit your time to two to three hours on a specific time of the day.
– Use tanning oils to hasten the chances of getting tanned skin. This also aids in shortening the time you spend under the sun.
Sunscreen is a common item to use when it comes to protecting your skin from the sun’s harm. It’s an important thing to put on since the sun is going to be doing a lot of harm to your body when you’re under the sun for a long amount of time. We’ve always known that sunscreen is a very important part of our regimen when we’re going to be doing a lot of activities outside of our home.
While sunscreen is always a good aid to our sunbathing or staying under the sun, we have to be particular with the sunscreen that we use. Normally, we would opt for sunscreen that has a high SPF value. Unfortunately, its been found that sunscreen containing a lot of SPF, sun protecting factor, does not really have more value than those with smaller SPF. At times, we opt for high SPF valued sunscreen to provide a barrier for our skin. Dermatologists don’t really recommend the ridiculously high value of SPF but opt for individuals to use a wide spectrum sunscreen instead. Wide spectrum sunscreen block both UVA and UVB rays.
Another thing we usually do is apply sunscreen once. Unfortunately, sunscreen works like lotion or creams. It can wash off or dry before you know it and needs to be re-applied to continue protecting your skin. It is important to apply the sunscreen every two to three hours, much less time if you sweat a lot or swim after applying sunscreen. It’s important to remember to let the sunscreen soak into the skin which would usually be around 30 minutes to an hour before going under the sun. Your skin needs to absorb the sunscreen to be able to make it work. Usually, we would dive into the waters right after putting sunscreen.
Summer is at the highlight for this time of the year. With the heat getting higher and higher, summer’s highlight is getting as much of the sun as possible. If you’re a sunbathing addict, being pregnant can be a thing to consider before lounging for hours on end under the sun. While a little bit of sun isn’t going to hurt, just was is in store if you’re pregnant and tanning? When you’re pregnant, your skin is quite sensitive. We know how much pregnancy can do a lot to one’s body but it’s important to put on an extra helping of sunscreen before sunbathing. Doctors don’t mind that you sunbathe but that you do it responsibly. Your skin is easily tanned if you stay under the sun. This is due to the high production of a hormone during the course of your pregnancy. Thus said, you’re going to need the extra helping of sunscreen while also being careful of how long you stay under the sun. Another factor of trying to be careful of your time under the sun is your internal temperature. When we soak a lot of the sun’s rays, we also get a lot of heat in our body. This can harm the baby inside of you as their amniotic fluid can be too hot for them. Try to set a specific time when you will be sunbathing as well as to limit the time you are doing so. If you want to expedite the chances of tanning your body, you can make use of tanning oils. These oils help make your skin absorb the sun more thus hastening the tanning process.
As is mentioned, since your body produces a lot of estrogen, your skin will easily darken in a few minutes under the sun. Makes the most out of the time you are sunbathing and avoid basking in the dangerous hours from 9am to 4pm. The sun’s rays are very deadly to you and to your baby.
Our environment has drastically changed through the years. Gone are the days we can frolic for hours on end under the sun. Our world has become quite hot and due to that it’s also provided a very perilous circumstance. It’s been known that exposing yourself to the sun for long hours can cause to skin damage. Exposing yourself to the sun for hours on end, or even soaking up a lot of UV rays through indoor tanning, can expedite the chances of getting skin cancer. Skin cancer has become quite prevalent through the years with melanoma being the deadliest diagnosis.
Melanoma is a very aggressive form of skin cancer that has stricken a good number of individuals due to their addiction to sunbathing and indoor tanning as well as being out under the sun for quite some time. It’s been said that prevention is better than cure thus it’s always a good practice to keep the chances of getting skin cancer to a minimum.
Here are some tips to consider lessening the chances of harm done to your skin:
– When you’re going out and expecting to stay under the sun for quite some time, it’s a good practice to put on some sunscreen. However, putting on sunscreen is only relevant if you make use of an appropriate sunscreen. Choose a sunscreen that can provide a wide-spectrum for protection as well as having a high SPF. The higher the SPF, the better it can ward of the sun’s harmful rays. You also need to re-apply the sunscreen every two to three hours.
– Another way to help prevent skin cancer is to use self tanners to get your tan. Self tanners use chemicals to provide you with the summer glow but that doesn’t put you in further harm compared to sunbathing or indoor tanning.
Having a tan is always a fulfilling feeling. Getting one is a hurdle in itself thus getting one is quite flattering to us. Unfortunately, getting a tan can be quite dangerous these days. From sunbathing and indoor tanning, these methods of tanning have been labeled as dangerous. If you’re not in the loop, the aforementioned tanning methods have brought a significant rise to skin cancer. Thus said, self tanners have become quite trendy on getting a tan as they are the healthier option.
Unfortunately, self tan can flake out or dull in time. This is a key sign that you’ll want to retouch your tan. Normally, your skin peels itself off in two weeks which is a good amount of time for you to enjoy your self tan.
Retouching a self tan is just as important as keeping one. No one wants to walk around with a horrid or dull tan and surely no one wants to end up with uneven skin tone. A good mark of being a self tanning expert is to determine when to redo your tan. Here are some of the telltale signs you’ll want to redo your self tan:
- Your self tan no longer has the luster it once had. It’s been mentioned a lot of times but a dull tan is a bad tone. No one wants to walk around with their skin looking dead. Get it out and put a fresh layer on, you deserve that much glow in your appearance.
- You’ve got skin peeling off here and there. This may be due to a bad exfoliating session before you did your self tanning. Peeled off skin will give way to younger but lighter skin. This gives a very uneven skin tone which can be eye-catching in a negative light. It’s best to remove your old tan and put on a new one for this case.
Self tanners can be very tricky to work with. As opposed to the usual method of sunbathing and indoor tanning, self tanner is an approach that can leave experts annoyed at having a bad tan. One of the biggest hurdles of self tanning can be getting the tan right. If you’re a beginner in using self tanners, trying to get the perfect tan on the first go is near impossible to achieve. Most of them time you’ll end up with a tan that you’d want to remove. Whichever the mishap you encounter, there are ways to sort it out.
If you’ve overdone your tan and applied to much, you can do a quick dip in the swimming pool. Chlorine helps lighten one’s skin thus you can lighten the tone if you sport a really dark tan. If you have streaks all over the place, have some lemon juice ready and a soft cloth. Dab the lemon juice on the affected areas so you can easily lighten the streaking. Remember, this should be done during or a little after the whole tanning session.
If your color doesn’t match as a whole, you can gently exfoliate your skin to start anew. This accounts for most cases of self tanner mishaps. Usually your hands don’t match your overall tone. It’s not surprising to find this as a mishap common amongst individuals who tan alone. You can make use of a little exfoliation to clear the color out. It’s always best to slowly dab the color and use of a mirror for better comparison. You don’t want to walk around with a mismatch skin tone, after all.
If your tan’s too saturated, a quick way to sort this out would be using bronzers. Bronzers are makeup you use in contouring. Make use of a bronzer that aligns with the hue of your tan and sort out the orange areas with the bronzer.
With 2017 nearing a close, there’s still so much to be done before the year ends. This can not only cause a lot of stress on us but also cause us to ignore our body’s basic needs such as sleep or rest. These greatly impact how our body functions and worse of all, how we look. Now we don’t want to look very sad, tired and disheveled when welcoming the new year right? Thus you’ll want to follow these tips to help you prep yourself for the upcoming 2018:
– Take at good amount of rest. This should be at least eight hours of sleep or taking a break in the afternoon if you had a tiring ordeal during the morning. If you’re hoping to travel to another country, especially one with a different climate, make sure to get as much rest as you can. This gives your body the much-needed energy and your skin, less stress that can affect it during travel.
– Exfoliate the dead skin cells away. What’s a great way to welcome the new year than cleansing out the layer of dead skin off your body. Cleansing is an important step to keeping healthy skin so try to scrub off the layer of impurities off your skin when you can. However, it’s best to limit your exfoliating sessions at most twice a week. You don’t want to ruin your skin by constantly cleansing it.
– Tailor your skin care regimen for each season. Your summer skin care regimen won’t work for winter, and vice versa. As we welcome the new year, it’s still going to be a little chilly but prepping on some skin care items for spring can surely give you great skin when the flowering season comes. Another very important item in these skin care regimens is your choice of moisturizer which is attuned to the season it is dedicated for.
Tanned skin is a feat that can take some time to achieve. With that thought in mind, it’s going to be a trouble to keep it as perfect as the day you got it. One factor would be how our skin is easily affected by our lifestyle and the changes in the environment around us. If you’re not careful, your skin can easily shed off the layer of tan that you worked your best to get.
In order to avoid such a scenario, you’d want to take better care of your body. Moisturizing one’s skin is very important to keeping a good tan. Dry skin can easily appear and it is quite damaging to one’s tan as it will leave you with an uneven tone. In order to avoid this, one of the most basic approaches would be to drink at least eight glasses of water a day. Keeping your body hydrated is one way to keep your skin moisturized.
For this cold season, you’ll want to make use of skin care products to ante up the hydration levels of your skin. A good way would be to make use of lotions and creams. However, you should be careful with these products. It’s best you avoid using those that contain retinol. Retinol is a chemical that lightens skin and if your tan is a self tan, that’s going to ruin your tan in no time. In a lighter note, it’s best to apply these moisturizers right after a bath to lock in as much moisture in your skin.
Avoid wearing tight clothing right after tanning your body. It’s been known that tight clothing can restrict your skin’s ability to ‘breathe’. Another factor would be the absences of moisture from the air that can help your skin avoid drying. Try to wear loose but warm clothing during these cold days.
Dry skin is a big disadvantage when it comes to self tanning. Normally you’d want to get rid of the layer of dry skin cells prior to self tanning by doing some exfoliating. However, if you’re someone who has sensitive skin or skin that easily dries out, dry skin can be a common occurrence. To be able to avoid ruining your tan, here are some tips to consider:
- Make sure that the self tanner you make use does not irritate your skin. Certain self tanners such as those from Thermalabs, have been concocted with natural ingredients to avoid the chances of allergens and not irritate the skin. By being familiar with the self tanner you get, you can also tailor your post-self tanning care procedures for your skin.
- Use moisturizers, creams and lotions to keep your skin hydrated. While you can drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, it’s also imperative to lather your skin with some moisturizing agent. However, you should be careful with the skin care products you use. Avoid skin care products that contain retinol. Retinol is a chemical that lightens one’s skin. You don’t want to erase your self tan in the process.
- Avoid taking hot showers. Hot water is an effective way to getting dry skin. While it can feel very wonderful to your body, the heat can easily dry out the layer of moisture on your skin. If you want to take a hot bath, opt for a warm one and soak in the tub instead of taking a shower. This lessens the chances of drying your skin in the process.
- Pat your skin dry. This is also a common mistake that individuals make. Not only does it cause your skin and your tan to be pulled to certain lengths but it also causes a lot of abrasion to the outermost layer of your skin. This causes a lot of irritation which in turn can cause your skin to dry up. It’s also best to pat your skin dry right after a bath instead of letting the moisture air dry. You want to make the most out of your shower-fresh skin since this is a good catalyst to a tip-top moisturizing experience.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing as this can cause a lot of irritation to your skin. Dry skin can be tricky to work with and it’s best to wear loose, cotton clothing to avoid aggravating your tan.
Thirty is the age where our body starts to delegate some of the tasks to certain parts of our body. It’s this age where we’re no longer at our prime. One of the biggest disadvantage is how our skin can’t push out the layer of impurities as easily as it did when we are younger. Dead skin cells can become quite a liability if left to fester on your skin.
Not only can it clog your pores, but they can also cause acne to flare up. Acne also has the chance of permanently scarring your skin which can be unsightly in the long run. Thus, to get a better idea of how to get rid of the layer of dead skin cells, here are some things to consider:
• Exfoliating is not limited to the face. It’s an activity that is ideally done to your entire body. One of the common ways to exfoliate is to rub a wet cloth with soap along your body.
• Dry brushing is a good way to being an exfoliating session. Dry brush is a method wherein you use a brush tailored for dry brushing and brush along your body. This dislodges the loose layers of skin as well as aid in the circulation of blood. Make sure to brush towards the center.
• Make sure to only conduct exfoliating session at most twice a week. This gives your skin time to heal as well as not overdoing it. Exfoliating your skin too much can leave it raw and susceptible to wounds and infection. Not only that but it can also cause your skin to be dry, rough and become unsightly from consistent exfoliating.
• For natural ways to exfoliate your skin, you can make use of oatmeal paired with some lemon juice or milk. Milk contains lactic acid that can sort out the layer of impurities while lemon juice is acidic in itself. Oatmeal is a gentle scrubbing medium and is advised for those with sensitive skin.