Summer is at the highlight for this time of the year. With the heat getting higher and higher, summer’s highlight is getting as much of the sun as possible. If you’re a sunbathing addict, being pregnant can be a thing to consider before lounging for hours on end under the sun. While a little bit of sun isn’t going to hurt, just was is in store if you’re pregnant and tanning? When you’re pregnant, your skin is quite sensitive. We know how much pregnancy can do a lot to one’s body but it’s important to put on an extra helping of sunscreen before sunbathing. Doctors don’t mind that you sunbathe but that you do it responsibly. Your skin is easily tanned if you stay under the sun. This is due to the high production of a hormone during the course of your pregnancy. Thus said, you’re going to need the extra helping of sunscreen while also being careful of how long you stay under the sun. Another factor of trying to be careful of your time under the sun is your internal temperature. When we soak a lot of the sun’s rays, we also get a lot of heat in our body. This can harm the baby inside of you as their amniotic fluid can be too hot for them. Try to set a specific time when you will be sunbathing as well as to limit the time you are doing so. If you want to expedite the chances of tanning your body, you can make use of tanning oils. These oils help make your skin absorb the sun more thus hastening the tanning process.
As is mentioned, since your body produces a lot of estrogen, your skin will easily darken in a few minutes under the sun. Makes the most out of the time you are sunbathing and avoid basking in the dangerous hours from 9am to 4pm. The sun’s rays are very deadly to you and to your baby.
Normally, tanning for lazy girls would involve sunbathing as it doesn’t ask for much. However, unlike sunbathing, self tanning is a much better option to get one’s tan. It’s been known that consistent exposure to the sun’s rays or UV rays can lead to skin cancer in the long run. With that said, self tanning is a much better approach since it helps get an individual their summer glow without putting them in harm.
Despite the healthier approach of self tanning, it’s known that using a self tanner can be quite complicated. If you’re someone who doesn’t want to incorporate so much of their time and effort to getting their tanning down, self tanning can easily put you off. However, if you want to do some tanning without doing too much, you can follow these steps to work things out with ease:
- Make sure to have your waxing and cleansing done beforehand. While this may sound like a lot of trouble, it will save a lot of inconveniences as the time goes because of having to touch up a bad tan. It’s always good practice to try to sort out your skin beforehand.
- If you don’t want to spend so much time in tanning or waste your self tanner, you can make use of spray tan as a method to apply your tan. Spray tanning uses an airbrush and an air compressor to apply your tan. Since the tan is controlled by the nozzle, you can have a uniform application of your tan. This also prevents wasting your self tanner since each application is done at a controlled pace. If you don’t want to spend a lot on a spray tanning kit, you can use self tanning towelettes as each towelette can provide a good coverage after two applications.
Tanning is a common activity that a lot of individuals like to indulge in. What’s not to like about it? You get an overall skin tone while hiding your flaws. Additionally, you can enjoy a new look without having to go under the knife. While tanning can be a good makeover to opt, it can be dangerous. Consistent exposure to the sun’s rays can actually cause a lot of harm; even death. If you’re not convinced, exposing yourself to the sun or UV rays in particular can definitely expedite the chances of getting skin cancer. In fact, the aforementioned methods of tanning have cause melanoma to claim a lot of lives these past few years.
In order to rectify that but still enjoy tanned skin, you can make use of self tanners. Self tanners, dubbed as a fake tan, make use of various chemicals to provide your skin with the bronze hue. These tanners can range from chemicals crafted from a lab to common items such as ground coffee or cocoa powder. Whichever the source is, self tanners are a much healthier choice than the two known methods.
Self tanners come in various forms from towelettes, to the usual lotions and some others as spray tanners. These methods are catered to various lifestyles. For individuals who are on the go, towelettes are the best option due to how convenient they can be for application. While those who can tan at home can make use of the self tanner in lotion form or opt for the swanky spray tanners. While a lot can dissuade you to using a self tanner, this is the healthiest approach to getting a tan. You can even avoid worrying about the chances of sunburn or premature aging. It’s a good idea to test out a self tanner before using it to make sure your skin is compatible with it.
Tanning is a lucrative approach to getting a better appreciation of one’s self. Normally, you’d associate tanning as a healthy, happy approach to getting a good look without having to go under the knife. It’s not surprising as tanning can give you a good coverage to hide your flaws while also providing a deeper skin tone that can drastically change your appearance.
Unfortunately, consistent exposure to the sun’s rays or to UV rays from indoor tanning has led to the rise of skin cancer. Before you’d worry only about sunburn but with recent years, exposure to too much sun can lead to sunburn, premature aging and worse, cancer. We’ve seen a recent rise of skin cancer through the years that has been linked to sunbathing and indoor tanning.
If you want to avoid the harm but still want to get your tanning fix, self tanners is a great way to accomplish that. Self tanners do not use UV rays to give you a tanned skin. Dubbed as a fake tan due to absence of the sun to get your bronze skin, self tanners make use of chemicals such as ascorbic acid to get your summer glow.
Compared to sunbathing and indoor tanning, this is a much healthier approach to tanning. There are actually a lot of self tanners in the market that can cater to various lifestyle, approaches and skin types. In fact, self tanners have innovated through the years that you can enjoy one without having to dedicate so much time to one self tanning session.
While a lot of individuals may be dissuaded with how complicated self tanners are, it’s actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Self tanners come in all sorts of shapes and sizes; some of which are from natural origins as well.
Having a tan is always a fulfilling feeling. Getting one is a hurdle in itself thus getting one is quite flattering to us. Unfortunately, getting a tan can be quite dangerous these days. From sunbathing and indoor tanning, these methods of tanning have been labeled as dangerous. If you’re not in the loop, the aforementioned tanning methods have brought a significant rise to skin cancer. Thus said, self tanners have become quite trendy on getting a tan as they are the healthier option.
Unfortunately, self tan can flake out or dull in time. This is a key sign that you’ll want to retouch your tan. Normally, your skin peels itself off in two weeks which is a good amount of time for you to enjoy your self tan.
Retouching a self tan is just as important as keeping one. No one wants to walk around with a horrid or dull tan and surely no one wants to end up with uneven skin tone. A good mark of being a self tanning expert is to determine when to redo your tan. Here are some of the telltale signs you’ll want to redo your self tan:
- Your self tan no longer has the luster it once had. It’s been mentioned a lot of times but a dull tan is a bad tone. No one wants to walk around with their skin looking dead. Get it out and put a fresh layer on, you deserve that much glow in your appearance.
- You’ve got skin peeling off here and there. This may be due to a bad exfoliating session before you did your self tanning. Peeled off skin will give way to younger but lighter skin. This gives a very uneven skin tone which can be eye-catching in a negative light. It’s best to remove your old tan and put on a new one for this case.
Self tanners can be very tricky to work with. As opposed to the usual method of sunbathing and indoor tanning, self tanner is an approach that can leave experts annoyed at having a bad tan. One of the biggest hurdles of self tanning can be getting the tan right. If you’re a beginner in using self tanners, trying to get the perfect tan on the first go is near impossible to achieve. Most of them time you’ll end up with a tan that you’d want to remove. Whichever the mishap you encounter, there are ways to sort it out.
If you’ve overdone your tan and applied to much, you can do a quick dip in the swimming pool. Chlorine helps lighten one’s skin thus you can lighten the tone if you sport a really dark tan. If you have streaks all over the place, have some lemon juice ready and a soft cloth. Dab the lemon juice on the affected areas so you can easily lighten the streaking. Remember, this should be done during or a little after the whole tanning session.
If your color doesn’t match as a whole, you can gently exfoliate your skin to start anew. This accounts for most cases of self tanner mishaps. Usually your hands don’t match your overall tone. It’s not surprising to find this as a mishap common amongst individuals who tan alone. You can make use of a little exfoliation to clear the color out. It’s always best to slowly dab the color and use of a mirror for better comparison. You don’t want to walk around with a mismatch skin tone, after all.
If your tan’s too saturated, a quick way to sort this out would be using bronzers. Bronzers are makeup you use in contouring. Make use of a bronzer that aligns with the hue of your tan and sort out the orange areas with the bronzer.
First timers will find a lot of excuses why their self tan might turn out bad. However, you can always sort out any possible mishap before it happens. Self tanner is much like any usual tanning method but it doesn’t rely on the sun or any UV rays thus it has been coined to be the healthiest approach to tanning. With the rising cases of skin cancer, it’s not surprising for individuals to turn to self tanners for their tanning needs.
In order to avoid messing up your first time with self tanners, you can follow these steps:
– Before any tanning session, it’s always a good idea to prime your body up. This means getting rid of body hair by waxing at least two days before you get your self tan. And exfoliating your skin at least a day before dabbing the tanner on your body. By setting a day ahead, you can let your pores rest after getting waxed. Freshly exfoliated skin is the best palette for self tanners.
– When using a tanning mitt, lightly dab the self tanner to your skin. Start with a lighter tone and gradually work from there. It’s wrong to start with a strong color and end up with an uneven tone. Make sure to be keen on problematic places such as your knees and elbows since they absorb more self tanner than any other part of your body. If you would like to use a spray tan for your first try, you can relax on the gradual buildup of the tan because a spray tan provides a controlled amount of tan on each spray.
– If you make streaks or mistakes, do not panic. Simply have some lemon juice and dab the affected area until it lightens up. Lemon juice can easily lighten a dark patch. Make sure to use a spare tanning mitt or an old cloth for this case.
Tanning can be done through various ways. One of the common methods is sunbathing which is just simply to lie down under the sun for hours on end until you get your preferred shade of tan. Another would be through indoor tanning which is the method of soaking up some UV rays through a tanning bed or a tanning salon. Either way, these methods are both deadly due to the high content of UV radiation you’re exposing yourself into. Normally, it’s quite easy to end the string of sunbathing due to how cumbersome and time consuming it is. But it’s indoor tanning that has sparked quite a topic because individuals just can’t seem to stop it. Why is that so? There’s actually a deeper link to why individuals can’t stop getting their tan through tanning beds. If you’re someone who’s been trying to break the cycle of relying on indoor tanning but having trouble doing so, here are some key points that you may want to consider:
– Tanning beds offer the same thing that sunbathing does. However, indoor tanning does a much directed approach to providing a concentrated UV radiation to one’s skin. It’s due to the very convenience that a lot of individuals can get hooked to getting their tan through this method.
– Indoor tanning does not eat a lot of time. In fact, you can just clock in up to thirty minutes a day and you’re going to enjoy a nice tan in no time. This handy time-saving method gives a lot of busy bodies the much needed summer glow they want without extra effort.
– It’s not as meticulous as self tanning. Self tanning has been dubbed as a fake tan and can be tricky to work with if you’re not used to it. Indoor tanning abolishes any inconvenience that self tanning provides.
Regardless of these points, indoor tanning boils down to be one of the most harmful methods of tanning.
Getting a tan is always a great idea but getting it through self tanners can spell nightmare to some. Self tanning has become more and more appealing to the masses since it is the healthiest approach to getting a tan. Not surprising since sunbathing and indoor tanning have become quite hazardous through the years. Self tanners can be really tricky since it’s a topical application of a tan. You don’t want to end up looking too orange or sporting an unsightly tan so here are some tips to make your first time self tanning a good experience:
- It doesn’t hurt to have a friend who’s well-versed with self tanning around. You can ask for their help when you want to conduct your first self tanning session.
- If you’re going to do the tanning alone, it’s important to set an area where you tan. Push the furniture out of the way and line the floor with some used newspaper. This prevents your self tanner on getting on places you don’t want to clean.
- Dab lightly. Do not rub self tanner on your body. You’re trying to build your skin tone and not lather lotion on it. Rubbing causes an uneven distribution of your self tanner which means your tan will look pretty awry once it’s done. If you want a better experience on application, consider using an airbrush. Airbrushing one’s self tan, or spray tanning, is effective and provides a consistent amount of self tanner on each application.
- Let your self tanner dry before donning anything. This means air drying for at least thirty minutes and wearing only loose, dark clothing afterwards. Loose clothing helps the tan to dry while the dark hue of your clothes means lesser chances of staining. You can also opt for old clothes for the task too.
When it comes to fake tanning, or self tanning, it can be tricky to get it right at the first time. Even well-seasoned individuals who have used self tanners can still get their share of mishaps when doing their self tanning sessions. While not all sessions can end with a disastrous streak or a bad output, it’s always best to minimize the chances that self tanning fails can happen.
While there’s a long list of things to consider, here are some of the most common self tanning fails and how to avoid them:
- Make sure to do your waxing and cleansing beforehand. Waxing lessens the chances of streaking because of the self tanner clinging to your body hair. Cleansing gets rid of old self tan and dead skin cells thus leaving you with younger skin that self tanners can easily adhere to.
- Self tan in a spacious area and make sure to layout some old newspapers around. This lessens the chances of staining your furniture and flooring. Accidentally rubbing a surface while your self tanner is drying can ruin a good tan so try to do your tanning with enough arm space. You can also use a spray tanning tent to have enough space to work around for your self tanning.
- Do not panic when you make a mishap. Use a little bit of lemon juice and dab on the affected area to lighten it. Most individuals freak out when they get a really dark spot done.
- Use the right self tanner for your skin. Being able to pinpoint your skin type will save you the possible allergy attacks or avoid an unsightly tan. It’s important to try a product out and see if it matches the kind of tan you want to achieve. Use reviews or testimonies as a leverage to a product.