Days are going to be warmer in the coming weeks. Not surprising as spring is going to end and summer is at the cusp of the year. With the promise of the sun’s constant presence in the sky, there’s a lot of things to do for summer. One of the most common places to go for summer is the beach. Although beaches are a common choice to go for summer vacations or summer trips, you aren’t limited to that. You can also have your share of trekking or picnics by the park. Summer is the season to make the most of what you can do outdoors. One of the biggest obstacles to having a good trip during this warm season is the things to bring. You can’t pack the same things you did during summer. If you aren’t sure what to add into your summer travel kit, here are some items for you to consider: – Sunscreen. It’s important to put a good layer of sunscreen before going out. You should get a sunscreen that has a wide spectrum to ward of UVA and UVB rays. Also get one that has a high SPF. It’s important to re-apply your sunscreen every two to three hours. – Self tanners. While most individuals opt to get their tan through sunbathing during these warm days, using self tanners doesn’t make your summer glow less spectacular. Self tanning can give you the tanned skin without putting yourself in harm’s way to achieve it. If you had your tan down through sunbathing, self tanners can help improve your current tan.
– Water. Always bring your supply of bottled water to keep yourself cool during warm days. Underestimating the value of water on hot days is going to be a bad experience. Try to avoid using plastic bottles to lessen the chances of rubbish.
Sunbathing is one of the most common ways to enjoy one’s time by the beach. With the days getting warmer and warmer, it isn’t surprising to find a lot of individuals clamouring for their share of the sun. Normally, sunbathing is done along the shore since you can quickly take a dip by the sea to cool off. However, through recent years, sunbathing can be done at the park or in your backyard. With the accessibility of places to sunbathe, there are also some things to consider after sunbathing to keep one’s wellbeing in good condition.
No matter where you opt to get your share of the sun, you’ll want to follow some of these tips after sunbathing:
– Take in a lot of fluids. Being under the sun is going to take a toll on your body. Try to cool off immediately once you’re in the shade. Drink some cool water or any drinks as well as trying to let your body cool down. If you’re by the beach, take a quick dip to let some steam out or if you’re at home, take a shower. Avoid hot showers at all cost; this will harm your body and make your skin dry up. Make sure to put some moisturizing skin care products to soothe your heated skin.
– Avoid staying under the sun right after sunbathing. Your skin is still recovering from being under the sun for hours on end thus you’ll want to stay in the shade for some time. Give at least 24 hours to let your skin rest before tanning again. You can also make use of self tanners to avoid putting your skin under further harm to bolster your tan or to touch up on spots that are uneven. Self tanners are also ideal in sculpting your tan as they work like a semi-permanent bronzer.
Normally, tanning for lazy girls would involve sunbathing as it doesn’t ask for much. However, unlike sunbathing, self tanning is a much better option to get one’s tan. It’s been known that consistent exposure to the sun’s rays or UV rays can lead to skin cancer in the long run. With that said, self tanning is a much better approach since it helps get an individual their summer glow without putting them in harm.
Despite the healthier approach of self tanning, it’s known that using a self tanner can be quite complicated. If you’re someone who doesn’t want to incorporate so much of their time and effort to getting their tanning down, self tanning can easily put you off. However, if you want to do some tanning without doing too much, you can follow these steps to work things out with ease:
- Make sure to have your waxing and cleansing done beforehand. While this may sound like a lot of trouble, it will save a lot of inconveniences as the time goes because of having to touch up a bad tan. It’s always good practice to try to sort out your skin beforehand.
- If you don’t want to spend so much time in tanning or waste your self tanner, you can make use of spray tan as a method to apply your tan. Spray tanning uses an airbrush and an air compressor to apply your tan. Since the tan is controlled by the nozzle, you can have a uniform application of your tan. This also prevents wasting your self tanner since each application is done at a controlled pace. If you don’t want to spend a lot on a spray tanning kit, you can use self tanning towelettes as each towelette can provide a good coverage after two applications.
Tanning is a common activity that a lot of individuals like to indulge in. What’s not to like about it? You get an overall skin tone while hiding your flaws. Additionally, you can enjoy a new look without having to go under the knife. While tanning can be a good makeover to opt, it can be dangerous. Consistent exposure to the sun’s rays can actually cause a lot of harm; even death. If you’re not convinced, exposing yourself to the sun or UV rays in particular can definitely expedite the chances of getting skin cancer. In fact, the aforementioned methods of tanning have cause melanoma to claim a lot of lives these past few years.
In order to rectify that but still enjoy tanned skin, you can make use of self tanners. Self tanners, dubbed as a fake tan, make use of various chemicals to provide your skin with the bronze hue. These tanners can range from chemicals crafted from a lab to common items such as ground coffee or cocoa powder. Whichever the source is, self tanners are a much healthier choice than the two known methods.
Self tanners come in various forms from towelettes, to the usual lotions and some others as spray tanners. These methods are catered to various lifestyles. For individuals who are on the go, towelettes are the best option due to how convenient they can be for application. While those who can tan at home can make use of the self tanner in lotion form or opt for the swanky spray tanners. While a lot can dissuade you to using a self tanner, this is the healthiest approach to getting a tan. You can even avoid worrying about the chances of sunburn or premature aging. It’s a good idea to test out a self tanner before using it to make sure your skin is compatible with it.
Tanning is a lucrative approach to getting a better appreciation of one’s self. Normally, you’d associate tanning as a healthy, happy approach to getting a good look without having to go under the knife. It’s not surprising as tanning can give you a good coverage to hide your flaws while also providing a deeper skin tone that can drastically change your appearance.
Unfortunately, consistent exposure to the sun’s rays or to UV rays from indoor tanning has led to the rise of skin cancer. Before you’d worry only about sunburn but with recent years, exposure to too much sun can lead to sunburn, premature aging and worse, cancer. We’ve seen a recent rise of skin cancer through the years that has been linked to sunbathing and indoor tanning.
If you want to avoid the harm but still want to get your tanning fix, self tanners is a great way to accomplish that. Self tanners do not use UV rays to give you a tanned skin. Dubbed as a fake tan due to absence of the sun to get your bronze skin, self tanners make use of chemicals such as ascorbic acid to get your summer glow.
Compared to sunbathing and indoor tanning, this is a much healthier approach to tanning. There are actually a lot of self tanners in the market that can cater to various lifestyle, approaches and skin types. In fact, self tanners have innovated through the years that you can enjoy one without having to dedicate so much time to one self tanning session.
While a lot of individuals may be dissuaded with how complicated self tanners are, it’s actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Self tanners come in all sorts of shapes and sizes; some of which are from natural origins as well.
Having a tan is always a fulfilling feeling. Getting one is a hurdle in itself thus getting one is quite flattering to us. Unfortunately, getting a tan can be quite dangerous these days. From sunbathing and indoor tanning, these methods of tanning have been labeled as dangerous. If you’re not in the loop, the aforementioned tanning methods have brought a significant rise to skin cancer. Thus said, self tanners have become quite trendy on getting a tan as they are the healthier option.
Unfortunately, self tan can flake out or dull in time. This is a key sign that you’ll want to retouch your tan. Normally, your skin peels itself off in two weeks which is a good amount of time for you to enjoy your self tan.
Retouching a self tan is just as important as keeping one. No one wants to walk around with a horrid or dull tan and surely no one wants to end up with uneven skin tone. A good mark of being a self tanning expert is to determine when to redo your tan. Here are some of the telltale signs you’ll want to redo your self tan:
- Your self tan no longer has the luster it once had. It’s been mentioned a lot of times but a dull tan is a bad tone. No one wants to walk around with their skin looking dead. Get it out and put a fresh layer on, you deserve that much glow in your appearance.
- You’ve got skin peeling off here and there. This may be due to a bad exfoliating session before you did your self tanning. Peeled off skin will give way to younger but lighter skin. This gives a very uneven skin tone which can be eye-catching in a negative light. It’s best to remove your old tan and put on a new one for this case.
Sunbathing is one of the most common things to do in an open space. Normally you’d do this by the beach but you can still enjoy some sunbathing in the park or your own backyard. You need only an open space that the sun can shine on.
The common items you’d find on someone who’s going to do some sunbathing would be sunscreen and their clothing to keep them modest. You don’t need anything else but if you want to step up your sunbathing experience, here are some things you might want to bring along next time:
- Tanning oils are a great aid to sunbathing. These oils help expedite the process of tanning. If you’re short on time, you can lather some of these oils on top of your sunscreen. You don’t need to get fancy oils for this job; olive oil and coconut oil will do.
- Sunscreen is an important item for sunbathing since it is the first line of defense against the sun. You need to re-apply sunscreen every two to three hours to make sure you’re well protected. A good sunscreen would be a wide spectrum and has a high SPF.
- Towels are always a good mat to lie on when it comes to sunbathing. However, lathering your hair in conditioner and wrapping a wet towel around it will protect it from harm while you sunbathe. It’s a good practice to do this to avoid dry and brittle hair once you’re done sunbathing.
- An umbrella is just as important as it is to sunbathing. You’ll want to take some breaks now and then. Have some water or a refreshing drink nearby to replenish the liquids you’ve sweat out while you’re under the sun. It’s important to cool off from time to time or you’ll end up with a bad burn, or a sun stroke.
The days are surely getting warmer and warmer that a lot of individuals would make their way to the beach. With that said, a lot of harm can be inflicted upon your skin. Most beaches provide very few shade or even trees to take shade from. Too much exposure to the sun can cause a lot of harm to your skin thus it’s always good to be particular with the skincare you need when you go to the beach. If you aren’t familiar with the skin care routine for going to the beach, here are some tips on how you can take care of your skin:
– Moisturizers. It’s nothing new to hear about how hot it is by the beach. Exposure to a lot of heat can cause your skin to dry up thus it’s always a great idea to put on some moisturizer before you head out. Make sure to put some moisturizer in the morning and in the evening.
– A very important thing to your skin care regimen before you hit the beach is sunscreen. Sunscreen is very important since this is your initial defense against the harmful rays of the sun. An important tip is to purchase a wide spectrum with high spf value. The higher the SPF value, the more protection you. But it’s important to let the sunscreen set on your skin for thirty minutes before you head out so your skin can absorb it.
– Stay under the shade whenever you can. If you’re not doing your sunbathing routine or not out in the sea, stay under a wide umbrella as much as you can. Exposing your skin to too much of the sun’s rays can raise the chances of getting skin cancer. The sun’s UV rays are even deadlier between 9 am until 4 pm.
Self tanners can be very tricky to work with. As opposed to the usual method of sunbathing and indoor tanning, self tanner is an approach that can leave experts annoyed at having a bad tan. One of the biggest hurdles of self tanning can be getting the tan right. If you’re a beginner in using self tanners, trying to get the perfect tan on the first go is near impossible to achieve. Most of them time you’ll end up with a tan that you’d want to remove. Whichever the mishap you encounter, there are ways to sort it out.
If you’ve overdone your tan and applied to much, you can do a quick dip in the swimming pool. Chlorine helps lighten one’s skin thus you can lighten the tone if you sport a really dark tan. If you have streaks all over the place, have some lemon juice ready and a soft cloth. Dab the lemon juice on the affected areas so you can easily lighten the streaking. Remember, this should be done during or a little after the whole tanning session.
If your color doesn’t match as a whole, you can gently exfoliate your skin to start anew. This accounts for most cases of self tanner mishaps. Usually your hands don’t match your overall tone. It’s not surprising to find this as a mishap common amongst individuals who tan alone. You can make use of a little exfoliation to clear the color out. It’s always best to slowly dab the color and use of a mirror for better comparison. You don’t want to walk around with a mismatch skin tone, after all.
If your tan’s too saturated, a quick way to sort this out would be using bronzers. Bronzers are makeup you use in contouring. Make use of a bronzer that aligns with the hue of your tan and sort out the orange areas with the bronzer.
First timers will find a lot of excuses why their self tan might turn out bad. However, you can always sort out any possible mishap before it happens. Self tanner is much like any usual tanning method but it doesn’t rely on the sun or any UV rays thus it has been coined to be the healthiest approach to tanning. With the rising cases of skin cancer, it’s not surprising for individuals to turn to self tanners for their tanning needs.
In order to avoid messing up your first time with self tanners, you can follow these steps:
– Before any tanning session, it’s always a good idea to prime your body up. This means getting rid of body hair by waxing at least two days before you get your self tan. And exfoliating your skin at least a day before dabbing the tanner on your body. By setting a day ahead, you can let your pores rest after getting waxed. Freshly exfoliated skin is the best palette for self tanners.
– When using a tanning mitt, lightly dab the self tanner to your skin. Start with a lighter tone and gradually work from there. It’s wrong to start with a strong color and end up with an uneven tone. Make sure to be keen on problematic places such as your knees and elbows since they absorb more self tanner than any other part of your body. If you would like to use a spray tan for your first try, you can relax on the gradual buildup of the tan because a spray tan provides a controlled amount of tan on each spray.
– If you make streaks or mistakes, do not panic. Simply have some lemon juice and dab the affected area until it lightens up. Lemon juice can easily lighten a dark patch. Make sure to use a spare tanning mitt or an old cloth for this case.