If the local beach has lost its splendor to you, that’s not surprising. While the common go to place for summer has always been the beach, a change of scenery is in order. There’s so much outside of your town, even your country, that’s waiting to be explored.
And when’s a good time to get there? Summer of course!
To get the ball rolling, here are some of the best places to get your summer going:
- Machu Picchu, Peru: While not the iconic beach trip as you’d imagined, Machu Picchu boasts in the ancient history it can provide. It’s one of the best places to go for summer due to the clear skies that showcase the architectural value of the ancient civilization. Immerse yourself in the culture of the ancient Inca while also enjoying the wonderful array of food this place has to offer.
- Konstanz, Germany: Nothing like a trip around the country with a bicycle. What’s great is the location showcases clean air and a scenic view of the shoreline. As you pedal along the 170-mile, you won’t even notice you’ve gone through three countries already; namely Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Jeju Island, South Korea: While having a volcano on an island can be daunting, you’ll be happy to know that this little island is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The island itself boasts a wonderful display of evolving rocky shores, caves for spelunking and waters you simply want to dive into. For this little trip, it’d be best to wear simple weighted belts and wet suits plus masks since this site offers free-diving.
- Folegrandos, Greece: While not as iconic as the Satorini, this shoreline offers the pristine blue waters that you’re sure to enjoy for a summer getaway. With their delicious selection of tavern food, you’re not gonna hold back on enjoying your stay for this trip.
- Amsterdam: While a little odd of a trip, Amsterdam boasts a hefty number of festivals celebrated during summer. You’ll want to enjoy the scenery of this European that is best witnessed during the warmer days.
- Bora Bora: Another beach trip on the list but surely not a bad choice. With the paradise-like approach and your own stilted bungalows as accommodations, you’re simply a jump away from the sea. With its crystal clear waters, you’ll want to bring your snorkeling gear with you!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your summer clothes and your sunscreen; time to hit the road! If not, now is a good time to grab the earliest tickets for a trip to these places. There’s nothing like the much needed rest, relaxation and your fair share of vitamin D for this season.